How to care for leather clothing depends of the leather caracteristics. The leather industry oftens uses fragile leathers, and we recommend the following products :
At first, if necessary, clean the leather (as you would wash your hands before applying a cream) with the help of Cleaning Regenerating Soap AVEL, after having tested the product cautiously on a hidden part of your article of clothing. To eliminate sebum stains which accumulates on collars and around the wrists, use Stain Remover HUSSARD Spray Leather and Textile.
Afterwards, choose among the following products :
- non fragile rustic leather : if your garment is new, without discolorations or scratches, use Universal Cream Polish Saphir . This cream is very efficient and can also be used on other smooth leather items.
Once your leather starts to get discoloured, use Canadian Polish instead which contains more waxes and is available in different colours, or the Cream Renovator below for large size articles of clothing You can also alternate beween these products, if it is not necessary to refresh the colour every time.
- smooth leather, box, lamb : Leather Renovator NAPPA Saphir Médaille d'Or.
- ostrich leather : Delicate Cream Polish SAPHIR
- Barenia : choose Gel Polish Saphir.
- crocodile, reptile : choose Polish REPTAN to care for your leather and Varnish RIFE for adding shine to the varnish.
- braided, pearly, metalized leather: Gel Polish Saphir
- The leathers used for clothing are thinner than those used for shoes and furniture, therefore don't overcharge (apply too much of a product).
- Shine immediately after application because of rapid solvent evaporation.
- Before wearing your article of clothing for the first time use Super Invulner Médaille d'Or to proctect it against water, grease and snow stains. Renew the operation whenever necessary and in particuar in case of rain. Its neutral (totally invisible) non greasy formula will not harm the leather and lets it breathe.
These maintenance products can be easily applied with one of our Polishing Cloths or even better with Cotton Stock Louis XIII.
Protect your hands with the Black Nitrile Rubber Gloves below !