Penetrating formula based on alcohol, can be used as a base coat. Use to change a light colour into a darker one. All colours can be mixed together. Use the Colour Chart for help (see zoom).
Prepare smooth leather before with Stripper Saphir.
In any case, it is essential to apply a finishing product afterwards.
New colour shade DEEP BLACK available in bases + special colours, needs more time to dry.
- All the colours can be mixed together.
- The colour shades vary depending on the conditionings below, consult each of them,
- The Lightening Base has to be mixed before application and slightly lightens the colour.
- Average quantities needed:
. 50 ml for a pair of shoes,
. 100 ml for a handbag,
. 500 ml for a piece of clothing,
. 300 ml/coat for a seat.
Sometimes, two coats will be necessary ( for example on velvety leather like nubuck).
- For smooth leather: apply a finishing product afterwards to intensify the colour shade, add shine and to prevent colour discharge(see our advice cards below).
- For suede, nubuck and velvety leather, apply Renovetine Saphir as a finish.
- Apply with a Brush, with Cotton Wick or a spray-gun.
- Attention: this dye is very colouring! Protect your hands with the Latex Gloves below!
Clean the brushes with 99° alcohol ( Polish Thinner LOUIS XIII below) or Stripper Saphir.
- If your skin gets stained, clean with alcohol, or use acetone if the dye has dried.
- Contact us for special colour in 5 liters.
For more information, consult our corresponding advice cards !
(To choose a colour, click on the painter's palette below or order the colour chart “leather for shoes")